2023-2024 Cattlemen Connect Education Series
Northern Illinois CCES Meeting
The BlackRidge | December 5, 2023
Returns in the cattle business are determined by two main factors: managing inputs, and entering the marketplace at the right time. With a high level of market uncertainty going into 2024, both components are more important than ever. Come to Cambridge to hear a discussion on the following topics to ensure maximum returns in your operation!
- Mitigate Your Risk within the Cattle Business with Ross Bronson, Redd Summit Advisors
- Managing Cattle in Winter Conditions with Travis Meteer, State Beef Extension Specialist
Central Illinois CCES Meeting
Champaign County Farm Bureau | November 29, 2023
Peak calving season is just around the corner here in Illinois. With fewer and fewer trained cattle veterinarians in the countryside, come to Champaign to brush up on the basics of calving. Things like, what to have on hand, when to intervene, how to handle abnormal calving situations, and more will be covered. Hear from the experts, and enter into calving season with increased confidence.
- Calving 101 with Dr. Jason Walker, DVM
- Vaccinations for the Cow and Calf with Dr. Tessa Marshall, BVSc
Southern Illinois CCES Meeting
anna first Christian church | April 13, 2024
Come mid-April, the grass will be turning green, and the days of feeding cattle will hopefully come to a close. Make plans to join us in Anna for a discussion with the Grazing Lands Coalition of Illinois on implementing a sustainable grazing program for the spring, summer, and fall. Plus, get to tour small and large cattle operations with strong grazing programs already in place.
- Building a Strong Grazing Program with TBD
- Pasture Walk & Farm Tours at TBD
2022-2023 Cattlemen Connect Education Series
Northern Illinois cces meeting
DekaLb County Farm Bureau | DECEMBER 6, 2022
- Regulatory Site Inspection: What to Know with Tasha Bunting, Illinois Farm Bureau & Lauren Lurkins, Illinois Farm Bureau
- The Climate of the Cattle Feeding Industry: 2023 and Beyond with Dr. Galen Erickson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Central IL CCES Meeting
John Wood Community College Ag Education Center | JANUARY 19, 2023
- Effects of Nutrient Restriction: 1st Calf Heifers & Second Parodies with Dr. Allison Meyer, University of Missouri
- Winter Feeding: Managing Costs & Meeting Maintenance Requirements with Dr. Dan Shike, University of Illinois
Southern IL CCES Meeting
Duquoin State Fairgrounds | September 1, 2023
- Managing Pastures in Southern Illinois, and Available Resources with Rachel Walker, Corteva
- Stockpile Grazing Management Systems, 2021 State Check-Off-Funded Research Results with Ph.D. Student Kylie Ewing, University of Illinois
2024 Southern Illinois, Anna Meeting | Agenda Coming Soon!