Get Timely & Accurate Market Info with MRS
A service offered by the Illinois Beef Association to assist members in making more informed fed cattle marketing and risk management decisions.
The Market Reporting Service (MRS) is one of the nation's most respected sources of timely and accurate fed cattle market information and analysis. MRS was established by Nebraska Cattlemen (NC) in 1989, and is staffed by two full-time analysts with more than 60 years combined experience in the fed cattle marketing arena. MRS subscribers represent a combined capacity of more than 1.5 million head of one-time feeding capacity within its current five-state footprint, with participating feedyards ranging in size from 500 to 50,000 head in capacity - mirroring the diverse nature of today's Midwestern feeding industry. MRS staff also actively communicates with various nationwide contacts throughout the cattle feeding, boxed beef, and risk management segments of the beef industry to bring additional information and analysis to subscribers.
MRS subscribers are provided with a suite of “real-time” market information via exclusive password-protected access to the state-of-the-art MRS smartphone app and the MRS website - with SMS text and email delivery options also available. Fed cattle bids and sales reports include geographical location, head count and estimated pay weight, weighing conditions, time the trade occurred, expected yield and quality grade of the cattle, and anticipated delivery week (when available). Subscribers are expected to report information when they receive or accept bids on cattle, as the active flow of information to the MRS office from subscribing feedyards is the primary cornerstone upon which the MRS market information feed is built. (MRS members' names and locations remain anonymous at all times and via all communication vehicles to ensure confidentiality.)
Want to try it for FREE?
Download the MRS form and sign up for a 30-Day FREE Trial
- All MRS subscribers must be paying members of the Illinois Beef Association.
- Annual fee of $0.35/head x one time capacity of feedyard, with a minimum fee of $350 (1,000 hd one-time capacity), for the base (“800” phone access only) package PLUS $360 annually for access to the smartphone / iPad app, MRS website, email, and/or SMS text message delivery.
- Staffed by two full-time analysts
- “800” telephone access 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT (later if market activity dictates)
- Real-time market information
- Password protected website and app available only to MRS subscribers
- Daily members-only forums for exchange of market information
- Instant fed cattle trade information on a sale-by-sale basis
- Instant breaking market news updates
- Fed cattle news and commentary
- Pertinent USDA data published upon release
- CME cattle complex and other ag futures quotes (10-min. delay)
- Push notifications
- Interactive widget for reporting of fed cattle sales
- Quick and efficient “one touch” email contact to MRS staff
- Real time MRS cash fed cattle sales and market info
- CME Live Cattle & Feeder Cattle, Lean Hogs & CBT Corn / Soybeans / Wheat futures quotes
- Access to NC-MRS website chart package and fed steer and heifer basis tables
- One touch links to USDA/LMR Fed Cattle Reports & USDA weighted average feeder cattle auction reports
- DTN radar and weather
- USDA/ARS Heat Stress app access.
Cattle On Feed
- Summaries of monthly inventories, previous month's placements, and marketings in reporting feedyards
- Projected marketing intentions by month for upcoming 90 days as well as year-over-year inventory comparisons in 100# weight breaks
- Generally available at least one week before USDA monthly data
MRS Interactive radar
Return on Investment
If MRS information helps an 800-head feedyard to sell one pen of 100 steers for an additional $1/cwt. then you have...
- More than a 3:1 return on your investment in the MRS
- One pen pays for three years of MRS subscription