Illinois Livestock Leadership Institute
- The Illinois Livestock Leadership Institute (ILLI) provides an opportunity for young men and women to become actively involved in the livestock industry and all of agriculture. ILLI, sponsored by the Illinois Beef Assocation, Illinois Pork Producers Association and Midwest Dairy, is administered by the three organizations.
- ILLI focuses on careers in the livestock industry through hands-on experiences, tours and networking with peers and professionals. Youth will learn about promotion, research, consumer information and issues that affect the livestock industry
- ILLI delegates must be 16-20 years old by the start of the trip. ILLI delegates need not be livestock producers or from livestock producing families, but must exhibit a sincere interest in the industry and agriculture as a whole.
- Applications will be judged based on the essay response. Selected applicants will be notified within a week of the deadline passing.
- Each participant must have an interest in the livestock industry and want to learn how they can assist the industry in the future.
- Applications must be submitted by May 13, 2022.
- A $150 registration fee, per participant, is due upon acceptance to the institute (not at the time of applying). An additional form and further information will be shared at that point.
- After the $150 registration fee, all lodging, meals and other expenditures which are part of ILLI, will be covered. Delegates are responsible for personal expenses which are not a part of ILLI. (ex: gifts, snacks, etc.).
Essay response will be part of the application score. Selected applicants will be notified within a week of the deadline passing and asked to submit their $150 trip fee at that time.